Welcome to the Kentucky Council for the Social Studies!
The Kentucky Council for the Social Studies (KCSS) serves as the primary voice for social studies education in Kentucky. Our membership exists to inform, educate and advocate on behalf of not only social studies educators at all levels (elementary, middle, high and post-secondary), but also of students throughout the Commonwealth. Our goal is to foster a collaborative community through which we will provide a wide array of services to members throughout the state. KCSS is an affiliate member of the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS).
Why Join KCSS?
- Professional affiliation with the state’s primary social studies organization.
- Networking with others who value and seek to improve social studies education.
- Subscription to the Southern Social Studies Journal, the official journal of KCSS.
- Access to a wide array of informational services related to social studies.
- Advocacy guidance related to social studies education and legislation.
- Access to member only service offerings.
For questions, please email email@example.com.
The Kentucky Commissioner of Education, Dr. Stephen Pruitt is once again hosting a series of town hall meetings to capture how Kentuckians define school success and solicit feedback on the proposed accountability system. We hope as social studies educators that you will take advantage of this unique opportunity and express the value of including social studies as an integral component of this system. Please see information below for more information on dates should you wish to attend in person or if you would like to submit feedback electronically via KyEdListens@education.ky.gov.